Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Non-Etsy pimping

Allow me to pimp my non-Etsy friends!

My friend Christine wrote a novel called Aftermath. I did the editing. It is available in trade paperback and fod download. Here's the blub:

One night was all it took for Jeremy's life to change forever. Months later, he's closed himself off from the outside world. He spends his days wallowing in self pity, horror movies, and junk food. He's surrounded by a family who smothers him. He's stuck in a broken body. He's left behind everything he once loved. He's bored and lonely. And he's sick of it. Jeremy's about to find out that's all the motivation he needs to get his life back. Healing doesn't end with the mending of bones and fading of bruises. There's more to living than being alive, And you can fight for your life without knowing how to throw a punch.

***

My roommate sells crafting books on Amazon. She also has finance and self-help books, but mostly crafts.

***

Joan is a painter who does really amazing portraits and I'm trying to coerce her into doing them professionally. Please go tell her how awesome she is! She really needs to be doing this for money. She's better than almost anyone doing it for money on Etsy.

***

My friend Pat is a photographer. He shot all the pictures of my artwork. He specializes in fantasy photography. He did his vampire photos in my basement.

***

My friend Todd is in a band called MEND. Electronica isn't my thing but I think they're good. Haven't had anything new this year because Todd is busy going back to school, but they still play in the summers and are writing new music. See also: TekTekTek.

***

Chank! went to college with me. He doesn't need my help because he's the king of self-promotion, but he has some totally awesome fonts, many for free. Definitely go check him out.

***

Benjamin Flint is the guy who gave me my very first solo show. He has some really amazing abstract paintings which for some reason are not on his webstite. Maybe he sold them? There are still some really great ones on there, though.

***

Kristin Tsafos  is a photographer in New York City. I got her calendar for someone for christmas this year, and it was really good.

 ***

Lexie of Wild Rumpus Photography is just starting out in photography. Look at this Lunar Corona!

***

And some fellow Etsians that none of you know because they're not on the forums.

GranolaBeads makes beaded jewelry, particularly lanyards.

Kimagine also makes jewelry and specializes in broken pottery. I didn't even know that was a thing until I saw her stuff! It's not found, she buys it and breaks it herself.

Did I miss anybody? Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment