Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Artsy Updates

I got someone to rent my booth at the Uptown Market for July 3 and 31, but now I need someone for July 17 too!

See, I'm doing Red Hot Art again this year - I was just accepted today - and the organizational meeting is July 17.

I was actually worried about not being accepted. I did it in 2007, but they had a lot of empty spaces. I also did 2008 and 2009, when they were nearly full. I didn't do 2010 because I had a temp job and I couldn't deal with spending my precious weekend in crowds. This year when I applied, I saw they had a new person running it. I think they've also probably gotten bigger.

This art fair has over 100 artists. On sunny days there are a lot of customers, but it's a very poor neighborhood so most of them aren't prepared to spend much. I HAVE seem people sell huge, expensive paintings, though, and I sold two at $100 each.

Tomorrow I made plans to have my new paintings photographed, and most of them are still not done yet! I need to get my butt away from the computer and get on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment