Thursday, May 5, 2011

Charities

(Reblogged from WordPress)

I was thinking I wanted to create an item to benefit a certain charity, then I came to my senses and realized that I have NO INCOME and I basically AM a charity, so I should shelve that idea until I get a job. But I thought meanwhile I could make some suggestions for people who want to make charity items:

1. Charity Navigator
Charity Navigator has ratings and reviews that will help you figure out which charities are the most effective and most honest.

2. I Do Foundation
The I Do Foundation is a project recommends non-profits with strong fiscal management.

3. In your listing, specify the amount/percentage you’re donating and specify the charity. Those of us who look for charity items skip the ones that say things like “a portion of the proceeds will be sent to help Japan.” We want to know exactly HOW it’s going to help Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment